Our company name is Simple Useful Tools, LLC, dba Mastering Instructional Design.Our website address is: https://masteringid.com. Our email address is email@example.com. Our postal address is: Simple Useful Tools, LLC., PO Box 1623, Frederick, MD 21702.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age. Simple Useful Tools, LLC is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
The Information We Collect
When subscribing to Mastering Instructional Design or other dedicated email lists related to courses or notifications, you submit to us your email address, which is stored by AWeber Communications, our email platform, in accordance with our agreement with them. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time and your information will be erased.
By subscribing to Mastering Instructional Design you consent to our storage and use of the personal data which concerns you and that you have willingly and voluntarily transmitted to us. Mastering Instructional Design collects and stores only your email, your selected username and the personal name which you submitted during signup and account creation. For information on payment information, see the “Payments” section below.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Member Data that includes data about how you use our website so we can understand what members need. Also, with any data that you post for publication on our website. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that we may collect includes data about your use of our website and membership services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website, to administer and protect our website, to deliver relevant website content and to understand the effectiveness of our courses. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to move in the right direction for our members.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as discounts to instructional design resources and to deliver relevant website content and advertisements (if there are any). Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Disclosures Made within the Mastering Instructional Design Forums
Users of the forums available on Mastering Instructional Design should be aware that any personally identifiable information submitted there can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums. Simple Useful Tools, LLC dba Mastering Instructional Design is not responsible for the potential misuse by third parties of any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit in our forums.
If you believe your personal information has been transmitted by Simple Useful Tools, LLC dba Mastering Instructional Design to a third party in violation of this agreement, please notify us immediately and we will take action to resolve the matter in a timely fashion.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offense.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
Our support form collects only your email address and username, if applicable.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Who we share your data with
We do not provide or sell your data to advertisers. In the course of doing business or in situations where we need legal assistance, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- A third party software provider in order to send you emails
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What rights you have over your data
All members users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to do so.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We collect information about you during the signup process as well as some basic activities such as login to the site. This site itself does not store your credit card information. We accept payments through Stripe and PayPal. When processing payments, your data will be passed to Stripe and PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.